Hi Raphaël,

Thanks for the pointer. I was able to fix the issue without using metdata sequencer and still using the XML Splitter. However, I have tested with using Meta data sequencer instead of XML splitter and the error still persists. The fix was not related to what you use for splitting but to do with the Capture Fields Generator plugin as I describe below.

I will explain the scenario in detail.

My xml data stream has a node that has the id of the document with the following structure.

<records>

<record>
<id>001</id>
<other stuff>
<record>

<record>
<id>002</id>
<other stuff>
<record>

<record>
<id>003</id>
<other stuff>
<record>

</records>

I want to use the contents of the id node to identify the capture document in the database, so that when I go to Prefernces > PP Capture > Manage Documents, I see a list like as follows. (Please let me know if there is another better way to do this).

CaptureDoc_001
CaptureDoc_002
CaptureDoc_003

Here is my workflow that has removed the I/O errors but I have a new issue with printing the capture ready doc on the printer.

1 - Folder capture

2 - XML Splitter - It is set to split when condition node "<record>" is found.

3 - Create metadata - I have selected the appropriate ptk file.

4 - Capture Fields Generator - Here is where I have now selected "Continue Process with PDF (with new metadata)" instead of "Continue process with optimized PS (no metadata)". This is what fixed the errors as mentioned in my previous post. Also here is where in the "Document Title" field I am using the "<id>" field from the data stream through a data selection. This stores the capture documents as required and as mentioned above - CaptureDoc_001, CaptureDoc_002...etc.

5 - Unconditional Branch (go right) - Printer queue output (LPR pointing to the IP of my printer). I have selected passthrough mode. The new problem here is now that it gives PS errors in the printout. I assume it is because the printer is expecting PS and not an already ripped PDF?

6 - After the Branch (go down) - Send to folder and save as .pdf - this works without any problems.

My question is - How can I use optimized PS as output from the step 4 above and still have metadata?. Selecting - "Continue Process with PDF (with new metadata)" has fixed the problem of "Error loading metadata file: I/O error 6" errors, but metadata is lost.

I have tried placing the create metadata before and after step 4, without any success.

I have tried using windows driver output in step 5 above and the capture ready document is printed successfully, however I want to avoid using this because of performance and job file size issues when thousands of capture ready docs are printed, more over I noticed that the pattern is printed darker than how it prints through optimized PS and when writing on the pattern that was printed through windows driver output, the Anoto pen keeps vibrating and when docked it gives various intermittent errors like - the ink not showing correctly on the generated output (missing strokes), Document was inked outside of known fields.

Thanks for all your help
_________________________
There is no Knowledge that is not Power - MK